Thursday, February 11, 2010

Now the Waiting Game Begins

It's official. I am all done with my grad school applications. I am more than happy as is SSG I'm sure. I wouldn't have been able to do it with her and without my super-editor friend Snick. Now I get to anxiously wait for the mail 6 days a week to see if I got into Boston College and Boston University. Even more stressful is I have to wait to see what my financial packages look like to see how much deep financial shit we are in. I'm hoping some school takes pity on the unemployed, lesbian, who had a preemie, and is changing careers at 34 (soon to be 35..gulp). I'm not afraid to play any of those cards at this point. Quick frankly I feel like SSG and I deserve to catch a break about right now. I know that's not how the world works but I'm kind of sick and tired of people who appear to have shit loads of endless luck, people who catch all the breaks, the freaking 25 year olds that are able to buy houses, or even worse adults who still have everything handed to them. I would just like a little financial assistance so we don't go further into the poor house and so I can have a meaningful career. Hell, I'm trying to be a social worker! Throw me a freakin' bone!

On a different subject Little E turned 7 months yesterday. Wh-wh-what?? Crazy. She turned 7 months and instantly started a horrible habit...turning over in her sleep to a face down position. I mean face smooshed into the mattress. I think SSG is ready to have nervous breakdown over this so chances are after I do my little part-time nanny gig this evening I will be going out to by a sleep positioner so she doesn't do this anymore.

A piece of good news...at least for us..SSG is on vacation next week! We are both looking forward to this. We have plans to go see my grandparents (Little E's namesake) up in NH which we are are excited about. It will be nice to have a visit that doesn't involve a huge family gathering. I just hope that Little E isn't in a horrible mood. She's been particularly challenging lately and we suspect she's teething. Holy crabby baby. I think we may make a trip to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston as well.

Lastly, I just realized Valentine's Day is coming up. SSG and I share a similar feeling about the day.....it's stupid. It's really a made up so called "holiday" that puts pressure on people in relationships to buy something and makes people feel like shit who aren't in relationships. I consider myself a romantic person but I don't get it. Thanks goodness SSG doesn't either.

3 comments:

Snickollet said...

Valentine's Day can suck it. I never liked it, and I like it even less as time goes on.

Sounds like you have some fun things planned for next week. Enjoy that time together!

Emily said...

Good luck with grad school!!

shea said...

frequent reader since before baby ella was born here. congrats and good luck with grad school!