Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Birthday Recap


Ella turned 3.  Holy Hell how do I have a three year old.  I finally downloaded the pictures.  Her birthday was on a weekday this year so she had a party at daycare and then we met her bff and family for ice cream.

The Birthday Girl on the way to school!

Mommy and Little E
Waiting for our friends.  Look at that pincer grip

Ella catches sight of her BFF, I think she was excited!

Birthday ice cream cone!

cheers

"We match"  E and M have this thing that if they have the same thing they put them together and say we match.  It is super cute.

Yum

Baby A

BFF's holding hands


Hugs goodbye

More hugs
Happy Birthday Girl!

We had her party on Saturday at our house.  As usual I didn't take enough and the person who was taking pictures while she opened presents put the camera on a wacky setting so they didn't turn out so great.  Someday when I am rich I will hire a photographer to take pictures at my parties.  I did so much better last year.  I didn't get any good pictures of the shirt I made E or the matching bunting.  My mil has a picture of the three of us.  I need to check with her and my bil to see what pictures they got.  Anyway.  It was hotter than the surface of the sun but we hung out outside and then went inside for cake and presents.  E loved being the center of attention and it was really fun.  My cake turned out well.  I was happy with the colors but my practice cake actually tasted better.  I used whole eggs on the big cake and egg yolks on the practice.  It was still really yummy though.



Trying to stay cool

Cake table

The cake...my niece told me it was very plain and wondered why.

Blowing out the candles


Almost
Inside....not so plain!

opening presents

The best shot of the shirt.  Bad lighting and pose but it was really cute.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I am new to blogging and just looking around. Happy birthday ella! Your homemade t shirt is soo adorable and the cake looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are nice...do not sell yourself short.
So any cake to send up to Canada....lol
Bspector@rogers.blackberry.net...you can email it...lol