Monday, July 9, 2012

Part 2

So I took a fast ride to the brigham in the the wee hours of the morning of the 9th.  Once I got there we had an ultrasound with a less than friendly tech who left Shazam and I in the ultrasound room and didn't tell anyone to bring me back to my room.  Once in the room I was hooked up to the monitors and left to bake literally for the next 24 hours.  They kept the room dark so I have no understanding of time.  I remember them rounding in the morning telling me I was doing ok.  At some point a neo came down and spoke with us but I have very little recollection of that.  At some point my parents came and stood at the end of my bed for a few minutes  I tried to make my mother feel better since I could tell she was freaking out.  I sent out a text message that can only be described as e e cummingsesque which freaked the recipients out more than I was trying too. Shazam left at some point to get some food with her bff who drove down.  I spoke with my bff but I don't know what I said.  Pretty much I don't remember much of what happened over the next 24 hours.  All I can really recall is that I was freaking hot.  Mag is the devil I swear.  I was convinced that I was going to spontaneously combust.  I sent Shazam to get me a mix of cranberry and apple juice with crushed ice.  I really wanted to lay in it.  We rounded out the day with the second steroid shot (ouch!).  Shazam snoozed on the couch/bed thing and I lay in bed on my side listening to the babies heart beat.  I was terrified.  I gave the baby pep talks and did some yoga breathing.  I must have slept some but I don't really remember it.  I mostly just tried to will my bp down and my liver and kidney function up.  It didn't work and the next day would be the day we met our daughter.

2 comments:

mommie2be said...

I cry every time I read about these terrifying days. You are so strong.

Meegs said...

So scary, all of it. What an experience... and I'm sorry the staff all seemed to make it worse!