On the Baby G front I am over my crib trauma of last week. We ordered the Davinci crib I was talking about in the last post. I am excited about its arrival. Shazam has already warned me that we need to finish clearing out the nursery and paint before we can assemble it. This makes me sad. But I will try to stay strong and be patient. We didn't order the changer yet since we are not sure if we will be getting the matching dresser. Shazam and I are both concerned about the small amount of storage that is provides (only 3 drawers) and there doesn't seem to be any room on the top for anything other than the changing pad. The other set (the b.abi it.alia sca.ndi) came with a longer changer dresser combo which we really liked as it was longer and had more storage and surface area. This week there was a nursery featured on Ohdeedoh (a blog I read) that had the crib we are getting and a really cool ik.ea hacked dresser. Shazam and I are thinking about doing our own version for Baby G.
They started with this ik.ea dresser
Then painted the fronts, added white contact paper to the back of the frosted drawer fronts, and put on some vinyl wall decals to the drawers to make it look like this.
I don't know if we would go as far as painting the drawer fronts as that would really be a large project but I can totally see putting the white contact paper in and the decals. Shazam wants to put the decals in the center. I think we would try to get green elephants! I like the one that they used. Here is a larger view.
So that is it for now.