Monday, December 15, 2008

But I Don't Wanna!

This weekend SSG and I were total slugs. I'm not ashamed to say most of Saturday we were in PJs and ventured out very little. As someone who feels like they need to be productive all the times and has trouble sitting this type of weekend is actually good for me. It gets me to slow down.

So Sunday morning rolled around and as we were in bed after we had woken up SSG looked at me and said, "We're going to the gym". Normally I play basketball on Sunday mornings but I wasn't up for it this week so this whole idea of going to the gym (which I haven't seen the inside for like a year) was just horrible! I may have whined like a child and fought it for a little while, but my wife was clearly not taking "no" for an answer so I caved. I know we both need to get back in shape and take better care of ourselves, as we were fit and much trimmer when we met in June of 2006. Hell I used to run like 5 days a week and about 4 years ago a ran a marathon. Somewhere along the way I lost motivation, stopped giving a shit, and as most who are over 30 know,  it's much harder after 30 to stay trim. Oh the joys of aging. So off we went for like like 30-40 minutes and wouldn't you know I did feel better!   

No comments: