Monday, June 15, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

The Good
SSG is officially in Week 27 today so she has about 3 months to go. Time seems to suddenly be flying by and September feels like it's going to be here before we know it. We had an OB appointment last week and as usual it was uneventful, which means that's a good thing. The doctor said everything looks great and everything is on track. Heart sounds "perfect" which is great. We also started our Prepared Childbirth class last week. It's a 6 week class on Thursdays from 7-9. I was a little anxious going into class for a couple of reasons, one being that I tend to get nervous meeting new people and being in a room of people I don't know. The other reason is obviously chances are we were going to be the only gay couple and of course that is how it ended up. I just tend to be a cautious person with new people in general and you just don't know how people will react. It's not that someone would say anything but people's body languages can be very obvious. Needless to say everything was fine and we really like the instructor who clearly was making an effort to not just say "dads" or "husbands" constantly. 

I was also pleased to discover this guy sitting next to us is a bit of the extrovert class-clown. Nice guy and funny. The instructor at one point said some groups like to bring in food and coordinate something and his response was, "We should do like a taco bar". It was funny but maybe you had to be there.

The Bad
No news on the job-front. Heck not even a bite though I guess I wasn't really expecting one. It's bleak out there though I keep hearing the economy is picking up. Really? Where? Just trying to keep busy and trying not to get too discouraged.

The Ugly
So with my job(less) situation and a baby on the way it was becoming obvious that I needed to try to sell my motorcycle that I LOVE. Plus god forbid anything happen to me. I have people that need me. I'm having a bit of a hard time with this one but know it's the right, responsible thing to do. I've only had it like 2 years and it is really the one thing in my adult life that I bought for me. It was a treat for me. I don't buy a lot of things for myself, hardly ever. I would much rather give and get much more satisfaction in giving gifts than receiving (got this trait from my mom who is incredibly selfless and very generous). So I will post it probably in about a week and see if I can sell it. In this economy, who knows. 




2 comments:

Snickollet said...

I'm glad the childbirth class was a good experience. Sounds like a great instructor and some good classmates.

My fingers are crossed on the job front.

As for the motorcycle . . . that sucks. I know that's your one indulgence.

cms said...

Sorry to hear you decided to sell the bike. That stinks! I'm still laughing about the taco bar though.

Hey maybe Dick Cheeseburger will buy your bike? ;)