Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hip Pain and Art

So I am about to enter week 29 and am officially on summer vacation/maternity leave. I must say it is really strange to think that I will be out of work until January. I am very happy since I had been feeling pretty crappy the last few weeks of school. My feet were really swollen and I also developed some serious hip pain. I am pretty sure it is the the S.I. joint. I have been limping around in some serious pain for the last few days. I went to yoga today and got some stretches which I really hope help with the pain. I am also taking Ty.lenol and icing the area. Argh I am not happy about this. Oh well as long as Baby G is doing ok I can deal with this little set back. Any advice and help you can offer me is more than welcome.

On to some more happy news...

Shazam and I have put some things up on the walls of the nursery. My mil gave us the cutest animal prints that fit perfectly between the two windows. The are jungle animals and complement the elephant bedding perfectly. I don't want to go over the top with the elephants so I am happy she found them.

We also received the fabric that we ordered from and etsy artist umbrellaprints and picked up some frames at the craft store to make some instant art. I think it turned out really nicely. Sorry about the glare the blinds have not come in yet so there is a ton of light coming in the room from the opposite wall.


Our birth classes are really going well and I am enjoying learning about all our options. I am not sure what I want to do about the epidural so we are currently on a wait and see status. If I feel like I want one when the time comes then so be it. I am trying to be open to the process and try to enjoy the whole process and not get too bogged down in very structured plan. Next week is the hospital tour which I am really looking forward to. I have heard great things about the hospital and its amenities. The rooms have Jacuzzi tubs and I have a feeling that I will be spending some of my labor in the tub. I love me some tubby time!

On Friday we will be going to NH for the 4th. It will be our first time up at the lake this year and I am so excited. I really hope the weather is nice. If you don't live here in N.E. you may not know that we have had measurable rain 15 of the last 18 days. It has really pushed both Shazam and I over the edge. A little fun in the sun and perhaps some floating in the lake will be just what the Dr ordered I think. I am also looking forward to going to Grammy and Grampy P's for the parade and bbq on Sat.

2 comments:

nutella said...

Getting closer! I dig your modern look nursery.

As for the hip pain, get thee to a skilled chiropractor. Ask your birth class instructor and yoga teacher for a recommendation. I saw one throughout my pregnancy and it was wonderful for hip, lower back, and other aches and pains.

Pero-Luter said...

Love the wall art. Water aerobics and yoga have really helped with leg pain.