Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Are we there yet?

For those looking for an update...we're getting close...we think.  By SSG's estimate she's thinking potentially tomorrow or Friday for a positive on the ovulation front.   I'm hoping for tomorrow for a Friday IUI.   As I mentioned a little while back we're supposed to go to my cousin's baby shower on Saturday in NH and if an IUI is scheduled for Saturday well then, I'm feeling guilty either way.  It's a no win situation.  I don't want SSG to go to the appointment alone and I don't want to miss anything (major guilt and would feel like a shitty wife).  If I go to the shower alone I need to lie all day as to why Sam isn't there (more guilt).  If we both skip the shower I know people will be disappointed and then I have to do more lying about why we BOTH aren't going. (wow, a big pile of guilt)  I'm sure it will all work out and as my friend Snick mentioned, we may be able to do an early morning IUI on Saturday.  Guess we'll deal with it if it happens that way.     

2 comments:

Snickollet said...

I think that Portia or Ellen will step up to the plate tomorrow for a Friday IUI, and then you will get to go up to NH all giddy with the excitement of what might be going on in SSG's nether regions, and everyone at the baby shower will be thinking, "What have they been drinking and where can I get some?"

That is my prediction.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love my optimistic friend Snickerdoodle.