Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Possible Attempt #2 and Other Ramblings/Whines

Well the week of Thanksgiving is approaching quickly and we may be attempting IUI #2 next week. As SSG mentioned she very well may get a positive on the OPK on Wednesday which means IUI on Thanksgiving which is not going to happen. We'll be in Vermont in the middle of no where. We alternate Thanksgivings so this happens to be a SSG year. We've talked about it and we're actually pretty chill about the possibility of not being able to try this month. I mean why get upset about something you can't control? I also think we're going to benefit from having been through one IUI before. We know what's going to happen, how it works, etc.. We will be more relaxed about the whole process and that is a good thing.

*****************************************************
So now some miscellaneous items from Shazam...
1.  For those wondering why I can blog at 9:45am and write about "miscellaneous items" it's because I'm bored out of my mind at work.  I'm on what I like to call a "sinking ship" which means I have one project right now that doesn't take up 8 hours a day.  SSG is VERY nervous that I'm going to lose my job and I may be a moron for thinking we may be able to right this ship.  What can I say, I'm loyal to a fault.  

2.  In reference to item #1, I've made it through 3 lay-offs in 2 years.  I'm still hoping to get a t-shirt that says something like, "I Survived 3 Lay-Offs and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt" 

3.  Moving on to more fun things...we're going up to Vermont a day early after SSG gets out of work and staying in one of our favorite places, Woodstock, VT on Wednesday night.  It's a good half way point.  Cute town with cute shops, and a few art galleries which we love.  

4.  Best part of this mini-getaway?  NO ANIMALS!! Cat is obviously staying home and the hound is going to doggie camp for a few days.  We both need a break from the cat doing the following:
a.  Scratching the hell out of the side of the mattress and doing that from about 3:30-5:30am
b.  Viciously mauling/biting our ankles, feet, etc..  I think we're her prey.
c.  Obsessively trying to get behind things that are hung on the walls.  She scratches and meows at things on walls.  She's a freak.

The dog is not innocent by any means and we won't miss  the following for those couple of days:
a.  His barking at anyone/anything that comes within a 15 foot radius of our apartment.  
b.  Coming home when we go out at night to find he has found a way to destroy something/make a mess/eaten something he shouldn't have/chewed the cat's toys (I could go on)
c.  The obsessive licking sounds you hear when we're trying to get to sleep.  He's a male dog so he REALLY enjoys licking his own junk.  Classy.

Well, that is all I have for now...guess I better go back to work...whatever that means.




    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Woodstock- I love that place! Sounds like you'll have a nice little break from those crazy pets of yours. We're still rooting for Eggy II/III!