Friday, November 7, 2008

still waiting

So yes I took the consumer report recommended First Response Early Response test tonight with the same result as the other tests. Negative. This is driving me crazy. Shazam and I are now beginning to show the signs of stress and are snipping at each other over stupid shit. I emailed our Dr. today but she was out of the office so I got no response. I guess I could have called the midwife who did the insem. to see if I could go in for a blood test but I am trying to be patient. The thing is I will be ok with not being pregnant. I mean don't get me wrong I will be disappointed but not discouraged. The likely hood of getting pregnant on the first try is small so we are both ready for another try. I just want to know what the plan is. So it is Friday night and I am trying to relax and failing miserably. This week has been a roller coaster of ups and downs. I was really positive all day but now I am back in the valley. Could stress really change my cycle this much? Could I be pregnant? I will be going to bed soon so I can wake up again and spend some quality time with my friends FRER! Night people. As soon as I know anything I will let you know.

3 comments:

Snickollet said...

Sorry you're still waiting . . .

My fingers are crossed for Eggy I!

Lilli Smith said...

Hello from blog land,
I stumbled on to your blog via Snickollet. My situation is totally different but also somehow strangely related to hers. I am a cancer survivor who is trying to become a single mom by choice (or by the fact that I just still haven't found the right guy, but REALLY want to have kids) I was drawn to Snickolet because I wanted to read a blog about what it is really like having kid(s!) as a single person and she is such a good writer - and she is just doing so GREAT! She is such an inspiration.

Anyway, I was drawn to your blog because my 3rd attempt was so close to when you first tried - mine was last Wednesday (so I'm on day 10 and still waiting) But I just wanted to tell you that the exact same thing happened to me on the first cycle that I tried. My luteal phase is always 11 or 12 days, but on my first cycle doing an IUI, it was 16 days! I was totally freaking out and testing obsessively because I didn't understand what was going on. I eventually got my period. My biologist friend and I concluded that possibly it was a good thing because maybe I had conceived, but had the earliest (and therefore easiest) possible misscarriage...Anyway, hang in there, it does get easier the more you do it - "the more you do it" is probably NOT what you want to hear at all, but I have confidence that this will eventually work. It will just take some time. Best of luck to you!
Lilli

SupersammyG said...

lilli
Thanks for your support. It is so nice to have another reader and supporter in this journey. I am really impressed at your courage to have a baby on your own. Shazam and I didn't meet until I was 33 and I did consider having a baby on my own (but never got very far into the process) good for you for following your dreams. Glad also to hear that you are healthy and have the chance to make babies.
As for our first try I kind of think that you may be right about the the early misscarriage. I will be asking my midwife about progesterone sup. to extend my luteal phase next month.
I hope you keep reading and be sure to let us know how this cycle goes! I am pulling for you. Oh and we know snick in real life and she is amazing. Single motherhood is hard but I would say it she would say it is well worth is.

ssg