Friday, February 27, 2009

Under 200!

Well my ticker says that Figgy and I have under 200 days to get this whole build-a-human done. I have had 2 great days in a row, although I am really tired today. I will take this over barfing any day.

Today is Friday which means I have the weekend to chill and recharge for next week. I have been neglecting my school work so I need to do some serious correcting and planning this weekend. I also want to get our taxes done so we can figure out what to do with the money. Our current idea is to upgrade our mattress from a full to a queen. It means not having a headboard for a while but really I just want some more space. I am sure that Shazam would really like some more room. I like to describe myself as an "active" sleeper. Others might say bed hog or aggressive. I tend to push poor Shazam to the edge of the bed while hogging the covers. I have been known to kick and push as well. I once woke myself up because I kicked my sister so hard in my sleep (if you ask me I would say that she probably deserved it though). When Shazam and I go away and sleep in a queen or a king it is so great and we both get a better night sleep. With my belly only going to get bigger I think it is time to take the step and size up with a queen.

On other belly notes my belly seems to be getting bigger. Not a real baby bump yet but my jeans are starting to be a little snug and not fit quite right. I am not sure if I am ready for maternity jeans yet but I think it is getting close. I may get a bel.la band to hold me over for a little while longer. I will have Shazam check out the maternity jean selection while I am doing yoga tomorrow.

Monday brings us to our NT scan where we get another look at our little figgy. I am also a little anxious because it will be determining our trisomy 13, 18 and 21 risk and will indicate whether we need to have an amnio or not. I am trying not to think about the risk stuff and just think about getting a new picture of the baby which will be all fun. I have a BS in developmental bio so sometimes too much info can be a bad thing. Enough about that though.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Snickollet said...

Wishing you a great, barf-free weekend and a happy, healthy ultrasound on Monday.

I wish I hadn't given away all my maternity clothes . . . I had some awesome maternity jeans, from Motherhood. Loved them.