Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back to School

I may actually be officially crazy. I am taking an online grad school class. I have finally reached the top of the pay scale at work and if I want to make the big bucks I need to get my masters +30 status. I currently have 9 credits. I should have done this a long time ago but I just didn't get my act together. Truth be told I have done plenty of professional development just not the programs where you could get credits. Stupid me! Anyway I have never taken an online class before and wow do I have some over achievers in my class. You have to do some readings, watch some videos, write a paper each week and post on the discussion boards. The content work is totally doable and the paper was easy but this discussion board crap is crazy. Lets just say that I have some over achievers in my group. The rubric says that you need to post 3 times and respond to people 4 times. I posted about 14 times total last week and I was so the slacker. I couldn't keep up. I checked in a couple times a day even and there would be 30 unread posts every time. So crazy. I mean I home and not teaching all day. These people have jobs for gods sake. Teaching. How the hell are they doing this. So yeah I am crazy. My wife is in bed, my baby is in bed, and I have to go make some stupid response about the rock cycle so that I can get my +30 and buy my baby some new diapers!

1 comment:

Pero-Luter said...

too funny! We are doing the same thing at our house! k has masters + 20, and I have masters +6. I HATE giving higher ed anymore money!! college is so expensive just for a few credits!! I understand that it will help with my STRS, but for now.. yikes! K and I only do on line courses...they are so much better than sitting in a classroom for 2.5 hours a week. I KNOW what you are saying about the over- achievers! They post the most rediculous stuff!! They are on- line kiss ups!! My mom would say- just buck up and do the work... and enjoy the pay raise.