Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Four Months and Two Months

Ella is four months old today. She goes for her 4 month check up tomorrow. I am curious to see how much she weighs and whether she has held her own on the growth chart. At 3.5 months she was in the 1st percentile for her actual age. Tomorrow night may prove to be a bit challenging as she is getting several shots. I think it will be a infants Tyl.enol night! She reacted very poorly to her 2 month vaccines and bought herself almost a week of extra time in the NICU after them. I am hoping they don't throw her for such a loop this time.

A little less than 2 months from now I am going to return to work. I am dreading this on multiple levels. Of course I am sad that I am going to have to leave Ella at home and I am going miss spending all my time with my wife. But it is the best of possible worlds as I am leaving Ella with her mother and I know that they will have a great time and be waiting for me when I get home. The other reason I am dreading going back is that my sub has been doing a less than spectacular job. I have a feeling that the kids are going to be undisciplined and not used to working in science class. The kids had a grand total of 2 grades on the first term report card and doesn't give much homework nor does he check it. Oh what a change these kids are in for! I give homework most nights, I give a weekly quiz, and I have a writing assignment every other week. I hope my bubbly personality and fun activities wins them over and makes them forget that they have been able to slack for the first half of the year! I hear the kids are a nice group so I am sure that we will work through it!

1 comment:

Bob and Elysha said...

If it makes you feel any better, as the next door neighbor I can tell you what I've seen. While I can't comment on homework habits, during class things are very structured and on task...